ASSISTED LIVING APARTMENTS
• When you move into assisted living apartment, you’re getting the best of both worlds. You not only maintain your independence in your home, but you benefit from health care support services when you need a bit of help to manage that independence. Assisted living exists to bridge the gap between independent living and nursing homes. Assisted living facilities may be part of a retirement community, nursing home, senior housing complex, or may stand-alone.
• You can continue the retirement living in your very own assisted living apartment but you don’t have to worry about struggling with dressing, taking your medication, preparing nutritious meals, or bathing. There is always someone there to help you with those activities that pose more of a struggle than they used to.
• The majority of assisted living apartments will create a service plan that is tailor-fit to your specific needs and desires. All of your service plan’s details will be personalized to you and will be guaranteed by that facility. Furthermore, that plan is not set in stone. If your needs change, so will your service plan, to make sure that you’re always receiving the appropriate care level, and you’ll have added assistance to help you to maintain your security, privacy, dignity, and independence.
After all, just because you need a bit of assistance living by yourself, it doesn’t mean that you require constant care. The people at assisted living apartments understand this, and will help you with your laundry, housekeeping, and other daily activities while allowing you the most freedom and autonomy.
• Remember, assisted living is not a nursing home alternative. Instead, it is an assisted lifestyle level that many seniors find is more appropriate for them.
Although assisted living costs less than nursing home care , it is still fairly expensive. Depending on the kind of assisted living facility and type of services an older person chooses, the monthly rates can average $3,200.00 per month.
Costs vary with the residence, room size, and the types of services needed by the residents. It is very important for older persons to find out what is included in the basic rate and how much other services will cost. The state of Arizona licenses its assisted living apartments.
Think ahead. Get the most out of your community and your retirement with assisted living apartments and all of their offered features.
• To find out more about the assisted living options in your area, or to obtain a background report on any community start by contacting Senior Focus Advisor at: 602-616-7800